1. The beer conveying pipeline should be insulated with […]
1. The beer conveying pipeline should be insulated with air-conditioning heat preservation pipes to reduce or even avoid the temperature rise when the beer passes through the pipeline.
2. If the carbon dioxide content of the beer is high, or the environment of the pipeline is not ideal, a cooling jacket should be used, and even some cooling tube devices can directly cool the wine head. This method is suitable for beer with high carbon dioxide content. , Can be operated easily.
3. Under normal circumstances, beer has more foam, and the foam will be reduced after a few cups. This phenomenon will reappear when there are intervals between wine sales, and the use of wine sales heads with cooling devices will avoid it. When this happens, it saves time and money.
Thermal insulation treatment method for beer equipment
Sources of beer peculiar smell and treatment measures
1. Astringency: long and rough feeling, dry back, sharp grain husk feeling.
Source analysis: The astringency in beer generally comes from the shells of grains, which contain a large amount of tannins. If they are excessively extracted during saccharification, a large amount of them will enter the wort.
1. Detect the pH of the brewing water. If the pH of the brewing water is higher than 5.8, more tannins will be extracted from the grains. Acid or sour malt is needed to reduce the pH to between 5.2-5.6;
2. In the process of washing the tank, avoid the temperature of the grain layer higher than 77°C. It is written in many textbooks that the temperature of the sink water is not higher than 77°C. In fact, the temperature of the grain layer should be more accurate. Generally speaking, there is a certain temperature difference between the temperature of the washing tank water and the grains. It is necessary to avoid the temperature of the washing tank water being too high, which causes the surface temperature of the grains to be too high;
3. Do not overwash the tank. When the specific gravity of the wort in the tank is lower than 1.010, it is recommended to end the tank.
Second, the smell of skunk: similar to the smell of skunk.
Source analysis: Some photosensitive substances in hops, such as isohumulone, and vitamin B2 in beer, will react to form 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol (3- methyl-2-butene-1-thiol, or MBT), this substance presents a typical skunk smell. Beer in green bottles or transparent bottles can produce a skunk odor when exposed to sunlight.
Prevention: For home brew, it is easy to prevent the occurrence of skunk smell. Keg barrels can be used, if bottled, try to avoid sun exposure. For commercial brewing, you need to consider the use of suitable packaging materials or the use of transformed hop products.
3. Sour taste: it can be clean and sharp acid, such as lactic acid; it can also be a sour taste similar to acetic acid.
Source analysis: The main cause of sourness in beer is microbial contamination or the brewer deliberately adding some acid bacteria.
Lactobacillus metabolizes to produce lactic acid, and the sourness is smoother, just like the sourness in yogurt. The metabolism of Pediococcus produces both lactic acid and diacetyl, so it brings creamy acidity. The metabolism of acetic acid bacteria produces acetic acid, which brings a sour taste similar to vinegar. Unlike Lactobacillus and Pediococcus, the metabolism of acetic acid bacteria requires oxygen to participate. Therefore, beer that needs to be deliberately acidified needs to be aged in wooden barrels. Slowly enter the wine in the gap of the barrel.