The use of beer production equipment can ensure good be […]
The use of beer production equipment can ensure good beer processing quality. It is necessary to pay attention to specific operations. Each link requires strict operation methods. When performing operations, each link needs to be standardized, but the production of beer Some peculiar smells often appear, and care should be taken to avoid these peculiar smells when handling. Next, I will give you a detailed introduction to the peculiar smell of beer that is prone to when it is not produced.
1. The aging smell and oxidation smell, also known as bread smell. As the storage time of beer becomes longer, the oxidized taste becomes stronger. After being put into the beer bottle, the oxygen content is high, which is easy to be sterilized and oxidized, resulting in a bad sterilizing taste.
2. Rough taste. The content of polyphenols is too high or the degree of polymerization of polyphenols is inappropriate, and the pH of the beer is too high. The malt bark is too thick and crushed too finely. Temporary hardness of water is too high, long saccharification time with high pH, wheat meal is washed too much, etc.
3. The taste is not good, and the bitterness is very long. The hops are old and the hops added are high. The pH of the saccharification water is too high and the wheat meal is washed too much. The boiling strength of wort is insufficient and the content of solidified nitrogen is high. Oxidative decomposition of wort in beer production equipment caused by long boiling time; poor separation of wort coagulum and poor fermentation, and incomplete separation of the bitter foam cover. There are too many heavy metals, such as beer oxidation.
4. Phenol or other chemical paints contain phenol and chlorophenol. If you use phenol, chlorophenol and free water soaked wheat, the beer will have this taste. Use free chlorine detergent to wash the water pipe to contaminate wild yeast and bacteria.
5. The taste of yeast mainly comes from the excessive content of sulfide, especially hydrogen sulfide. The taste threshold of hydrogen sulfide is 50ug/kg. When yeast is aged, fermented and storage temperature is too high, the yeast will self-dissolve and the coagulum will be poorly separated, the wort will not be ventilated, and the post-fermentation will not be vigorous. The nitrate content is too high, and the wine is served too fast, which is easy to get this kind of taste.
The above are some of the peculiar smells that are prone to beer when the beer production equipment is not produced. In specific use, you need to pay attention to minimize the generation of some peculiar smells. Generally speaking, peculiar smells are caused by improper production process. If the beer tastes are found in the later tasting If it is abnormal, it needs to be investigated specifically to reduce the odor.